Credit Card / Debit Card Number Checker tool is designed to check the validity of Credit Card / Debit Card Number and check the (BIN) base on updated database. The tool support all major Credit Card & Debit Cards brands such as as VISA, MasterCard, American Express, Diner’s Club,JCB & Voyager. Currently, there are more than 300,000 unique BIN in our database.
Kindly take note that, the database is accurate but not perfect.
The tool is provided for informational purposes only. Whilst every effort is made to provide accurate data, users must acknowledge that this website accepts no liability whatsoever with respect to its accuracy. Only your bank can confirm the correct bank account information. If you are making an important payment, which is time critical, we recommend to contact your bank first.
Verify, Validate & Check Credit Card Details Online
Now authenticate all types of credit card numbers, as our tool is here to facilitate you. It is based on robust algorithms that effectively check whether the entered credit card is valid. Retrieving the associated details only takes a few seconds, validating their legitimacy.
Online businesses can leverage our cc checker to streamline their payment methods. Not only it helps to avoid fraud and chargebacks, but it also reduces payment processing errors.
Whenever you’re required to process and accept online payment, check the credit card number with the help of our tool. It will work like magic to protect you from loss.
The simple is this—if the given credit card number is not standardized, it quickly flags it as invalid. This way, it prevents you from fraudulent activities—just in time.
Empower your system with our useful credit card checker for free. There are no subscription charges. Anyone can use our tool to their advantage without any limitations.
What Is Credit Card Verification?
Credit card verification is validating the legitimacy of a credit card number. This process gains importance as monetary affairs become online and even more sensitive.
The credit card numbers are generated under specific protocols and rules. Various advanced algorithms are used to validate a credit card number without contacting the issuing company. For instance, our online CC checker gives you the room to validate the credit card at any time, at any place where you have internet access. All in a split of seconds.
How Does Our Credit Card Validator Work?
To verify if the credit card is valid, perform the following steps.
- Open the Credit Card Validator.
- Enter the “Credit Card Number” in the provided section.
- Click on the “Validate Now” button.
- The tool validates whether the credit card is genuine or not.
The advanced Luhn Algorithm enables our credit card checker to cross-check the following information and display the cc authentication status:
- Luhn Algorithm Check
- Major Industry Identifier
- Bank Name
- Bank Identification Number (BIN/IIN)
- Primary Account Number (PAN)
If the result indicates that the card number is valid, you can confidently proceed to accept online transactions. Whereas if the card is invalid, then refrain from completing the transaction. Simply ask for an alternative form of payment to protect against potential fraud.
How to Interpret the Credit Card Validator Results?
It is essential to be familiar with the following technical terms to understand the credit card verification report:
Major Industry Identifier (MII): The first digit of a credit card number. It identifies the industry or category of the card issuer. The various MII numbers represent the following categories.
- 0: ISO / TC 68 and other industry duties
- 1: Airlines
- 2: Airlines, finance, and other future industry duties
- 3: Travel and leisure
- 4: Banking and finance
- 5: Finance and banking
- 6: Sales and banking/finance
- 7: Petroleum and other future industry tasks
- 8: Healthcare, telecommunications, and other future industry tasks
- 9: For the appointment of national standards bodies
Bank Name: The financial institution that issued the credit card. It helps identify the card issuer responsible for the account.
Bank Identification Number (BIN/IIN): A six-digit number is present at the beginning of a credit card number. It uniquely identifies the issuing bank or financial institution. You can use a BIN checker to check BIN separately.
Primary Account Number (PAN): The series of digits that comprise the credit card number, excluding the MII and BIN. It serves as the unique identifier for the credit card account.
Network/Brand: It refers to the payment processing network associated with the card. Examples include Visa, Mastercard, American Express, Discover, etc. Different networks may have varying acceptance and usage policies.
Checksum: The last digit of a credit card number, also known as the verification digit. It is generated using a mathematical algorithm, such as the Luhn algorithm, to validate the entire credit card number’s accuracy.
All of this is verified with the help of the Luhn Algorithm. If the Luhn Algorithm Check fails, our tool will display “Your credit card is invalid,” whereas if it succeeds, you’ll see “Your credit card is valid.”
What Are the Benefits of Using a Credit Card Checker Online?
Our credit card validator brings numerous benefits to businesses and finance professionals.
Check Multiple Card Types:
Our credit card validator allows you to validate credit card numbers of multiple card types. That includes but is not limited to Visa, Master Card, China Union, Maestro, etc.
Streamline Payment Processing:
It equips their payment processing systems with an automated and error-free credit card number validation solution. It ensures quick and easy verification of credit card numbers, minimizing interruptions during transactions and preventing payment processing errors and chargebacks in real-time.
Safe to Use:
DNSChecker ensures that all featured tools, including credit card validator, are safe and secure. You can confidently rely upon our cc checker to find and cross-check all the details associated with a credit card number. It will keep your data confidential and protected from unauthorized access. Rest assured that once the verification process is completed and you reload the page, your entered details are automatically removed from our system.
Free to Use:
Use our credit card checker to protect your business from fraudulent activities, as it is accessible for free. There’s no need to pay even a single dime to verify credit card ownership. Leverage it as much as you want—anywhere, anytime.
How Does the Luhn Algorithm Validate Credit Card Numbers?
The Luhn algorithm is employed in the online cc checker to validate a credit card number. It is also known as the MOD 10 algorithm. A famous scientist Hans Peter Luhn developed its formula at IBM.
Let’s consider an example to understand how Luhn Algorithm works.
Suppose we have a credit card number 347609692102916 and want to check whether it’s valid.
- Take the last digit 6. That is our check digit.
- Now take the rest of the sequence 34760969210291.
- Double every other digit starting from the right 3,8,7,12,0,18,6,18,2,2,0,4,9,2.
- Sum up the digits of the products 12 = 1 + 2 = 3, same with 18, which gives you 9.
- Add all the digits together 3+8+7+3+0+9+6+9+2+2+0+4+9+2 = 64.
- Multiply the result by 9 (64 * 9 = 576).
- Take the last digit of the result 6. If this matches the check digit, then we have a valid sequence.
Since our check digit 6 matches our result 6, we conclude this sequence is a valid credit card number.
Our cc checker does this precisely, based on the edge-cutting Luhn Algorithm.
Frequently Asked Questions
Looking for some valuable information regarding credit card validation? We are here to have you all covered. Let’s find out everything you need to know.
What is a credit card number?
The credit card number, or PAN (Primary Account Number), is the long number embossed on the front of your credit card. The number contains essential information strategically organized and internationally standardized. That information includes the cardholder’s name, security code, account number, issuing bank name, and expiration date.
Is there any alternative method other than Luhn Algorithm to validate the credit card number manually?
There is another method, and it’s simple to use. Suppose we have a credit card number 347609692102916 and want to check whether it’s an actual credit card number.
- Double every second digit from the rightmost 3,8,7,12,0,18,6,18,2,2,0,4,9,2,6.
- Sum the digits of the products 12 = 1 + 2 = 3, same with 18, which gives you 9.
- Add all the digits together 3+8+7+3+0+9+6+9+2+2+0+4+9+2+6 = 70.
- The credit card number is valid if the sum is a multiple of 10.
Does every credit card number have the same prefix and length?
Each credit card issuer follows a varying format. Usually, credit cards have 13, 14, 15, or 16 digits, whereas some may have 19 digits. The following list will help you understand the prefixes and lengths of famous credit card numbers:
- AMEX: start with 34 or 37 and has 15 numbers.
- Diners: start with 300, 301, 302, 303, 36, or 38 and has 15 numbers.
- Discover: start with 6011 and has 16 numbers.
- Enroute: start with 2014 or 2149 and has 16 numbers.
- JCB 15: start with 2100 or 1800 and has 16 numbers.
- JCB 16: start with 3088, 3096, 3112, 3158, 3337, or 3528 and has 16 numbers.
- MasterCard: start with 51, 52, 53, 54, or 55 and has 16 numbers.
- Visa: start with 4539, 4556, 4916, 4532, 4929, 40240071, 4485, 4716, or 4, and has 13 or 16 numbers.
- Voyager: starts with 8699 and has 13 or 16 numbers.
What does credit card live or dead means?
Credit card live or dead, refers to the activation status of a credit card number. If the credit card is live, it indicates that the cc number is actively working, whereas if the credit card is dead, it denotes that the credit card number is no longer in use or belongs to someone.
Is my credit card safe?
The following tips will help you to protect your credit card. However, these points are not limited to credit cards. You can apply to all the institutional cards you can use for financial transactions.
- Sign your credit card as soon as you receive it.
- Take care of your credit card like your cash currency.
- Protect your PIN. Memorize it. Never write it down.
- Always return your credit card from the salesperson or the waiter whenever you use it.
- Shred receipts containing your account information, especially when you do not need it.
- Frequently review your account statement to ensure it includes all your transactions.
- Make a list of your credit card numbers and customer support numbers in your phonebook so you can immediately contact them in case of any emergency.
- Consider filing a police report in case of any theft.
- Do not use the public wireless connection for financial transactions.
- While making an online purchase, prefer the brand’s website or purchase from a well-known online store like Amazon or Alibaba.